If you are looking for an all-natural way to improve your health, you may want to consider the hemp-derived cannabinoid (HHC). HHC is a natural compound that is found in the cannabis plant. It has been shown to offer various health benefits without the risk of side effects or adverse reactions. Keep reading to learn more about the benefits of HHC!
In this article, we will cover the following topics:
- What is HHC
- Benefits of HHC
- Side Effects of HHC
- How does HHC differ from THC
- Is HHC Legal
- HHC vs. Delta 8
- HHC Products
What is HHC?
HHC is a close cousin to traditional THC, the psychoactive compound found in the cannabis plant. However, unlike THC, HHC does not have a psychotropic effect and will not get you "high." Instead, it contains powerful therapeutic properties that can help improve overall health and well-being. Unlike many other natural compounds extracted from plants, HHC is non-intoxicating and highly bioavailable.
Compared to the extraction process of other cannabinoids, such as CBD or THC, HHC is extracted quite differently. Roger Adams was the first to isolate HHC from the plant in 1944. By adding hydrogen molecules to Delta-9 THC, a process called hydrogenation, he could convert THC to hexahydrocannabinol (HHC).
Benefits of HHC
While HHC is currently still being researched, helpful reports have been determined using HHC. Some of the benefits of HHC include the following:
- Anxiety Relief- HHC has been found to provide relief from anxiety and stress, without the mood-altering effects of THC.
- Pain Relief- HHC is highly effective at relieving chronic pain, inflammation, and muscle spasms.
- Sleep Support- HHC has been found to improve the quality of sleep, helping to reduce the time it takes to fall asleep.
- Provides Euphoric Effects- Most cannabis consumers that use HHC have said that the high they get from using the cannabinoid is easily controllable. Most cannabis consumers can also perform their daily duties without any hindrance from the high they get from using HHC.
Side Effects of HHC
While not highly reported, some side effects can occur when taking HHC. Some of the possible side effects include:
- Nausea- Some individuals have reported feeling slight nausea after taking HHC and THC.
- Headaches- While not common, some people have experienced headaches and dizziness when using HHC.
It is important to speak with your medical provider before beginning any new treatment regimen involving HHC. It is also important to ensure you are aware of the correct dosage and only buy products from reputable companies that provide a Certificate of Analysis (COA) or lab report. This document verifies the contents and quality of their product.
How does HHC differ from THC?
As mentioned previously, HHC is a derivative of THC. It can be thought of as the "non-intoxicating" version of THC. Unlike THC, HHC is not psychoactive and does not produce the same effects associated with marijuana use, such as feeling relaxed or euphoric. Instead, HHC has been found to provide numerous therapeutic benefits.
HHC Vs. Delta 8
HHC is different from Delta 8 THC, which is another derivative of traditional THC. Even though they are similar, there are some key differencesbetween them.
Similar to THC, Delta 8 is stronger than HHC and produces a more intense high. It also has a shorter half-life meaning it will break down quicker in the body. Another difference between Delta 8 and HHC is that while both compounds have been found to provide therapeutic benefits, only HHC has been shown to do so without any psychoactive effects.
Is HHC Legal?
The legality of HHC is much like other new cannabinoids on the market, such as THCV or THCP. Some states allow it to be sold like CBD, while others treat it like marijuana and have stricter purchasing laws. The legality of HHC depends on where you live.
In the United States, hemp-derived products are legal as long as they contain no more than 0.3% of THC concentration by dry weight. However, it is important to check your local laws as HHC is still not legal in all states.
In Canada, HHC is entirely legal for recreational and medicinal use under the Cannabis Act of 2018.
Finally, it is essential to remember that HHC should only be used by adults 21 years or older. Please consult with your medical provider before using any cannabis-based product.
HHC products come in a variety of forms. Common HHC products include:
- Vape Pens or Cartridges-Like most other cannabinoids, you can get HHC vape cartridges for your vape pen. Vaping is the most popular way of getting your dose of HHC, and it works fast and effectively.
- Tinctures- The most popular form of HHC is the tincture, which is consumed orally and quickly absorbed into the bloodstream.
- Topicals- Creams and balms infused with HHC are becoming increasingly popular for those suffering from localized pain and inflammation.
- Edibles- HHC is available in many different forms of edibles, such as gummies, chocolate bars, or capsules.
No matter what form you choose to take your HHC in, it is crucial to speak with your medical provider before starting any new treatment regimen. With the correct dose and reputable company, you can begin to experience the health benefits of HHC. Be sure to do your research before beginning a new regimen or supplement.
When looking for HHC products, it's important to look for a reputable brand that provides an accurate COA or lab report. Ensure the product contains all-natural ingredients and is free from pesticides and harsh additives.
HHC is a non-intoxicating cannabinoid that can provide numerous health benefits. It has been found to improve sleep quality, reduce anxiety, and provide relief from chronic pain. HHC products come in various forms, such as vape pens, tinctures, topicals, and edibles.
Before starting any new treatment or supplement regimen, it is essential to speak with a medical provider to determine the proper dosage for you. Do your research whenlooking for reputable brands that offer accurate lab reports verifying their product's contents and quality. With the correct dose and company, you can begin to experience the therapeutic benefits of HHC!
*These statements have not been evaluated or approved by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any illness. Any medical advice should be taken from a medical professional.
All of the articles on this site are written by 3rd party content providers, expert bloggers, or doctors not directly affiliated with EHDelta.
Individuals should learn the risks and side effects before taking any Delta products. Always check with a medical professional before starting any new Delta treatment or medication that is not FDA-approved.