Cannabis and all of its wonderful derivatives have gained immense popularity in recent years, with several new forms of the plant emerging on the market. HHC (hexahydrocannabinol) and THC-o (Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol) are two of the most talked-about forms of cannabis.
People are often curious about the differences between the two and which one might be better for their specific needs. In this article, we will be discussing HHC vs THC-o, including their effects, benefits, and potential drawbacks.
HHC, is a newer form of cannabis that has been specifically developed for its health benefits. HHC is known for its minor psychoactive effects, which makes it a popular choice among those who are seeking the health benefits of cannabis without getting too “high”. HHC is believed to help with a variety of conditions, including pain, anxiety, and depression, among others.
HHC, or Hydroxy-Hexahydrocannabinol, is a unique compound. Now some think that HHC is a naturally occurring compoundthat can be found at trace amounts, in cannabis plants. However, this has not been scientifically proven through peer-reviewed research as of yet. As a result, all HHC currently on the market is most likely derived through THC conversion or other synthetic processes.
One of the most common methods of creating HHC is through a hydrogenation process in a laboratory. This process involves the addition of hydrogen and the use of a metal catalyst, such as palladium, to convert THC into HHC. However, this process can be dangerous if precautions are not followed, as it has the potential to be explosive.
Benefits of HHC
- Mild psychoactive effects: As mentioned earlier, HHC is less psychoactive than THC, which means it won't get you as high. This makes it a popular choice among those who are seeking the health benefits of cannabis without the strong “high”.
- Health benefits: HHC is believed to have several health benefits, including pain relief, anxiety relief, and depression relief, among others.
- No negative side effects: HHC is generally considered to be a safe form of cannabis, and is believed to have no negative side effects.
Potential Drawbacks of HHC
- Lack of research: Despite its growing popularity, HHC is a relatively new form of cannabis, and there is limited research available on its effects.
- Availability: HHC is not as widely available as other forms of cannabis, and may be difficult to find in some areas.
THC-o, or Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, is the main psychoactive ingredient found in cannabis. THC-o is responsible for the “high” associated with cannabis use, and is commonly used for recreational purposes. THC-o is also believed to have several health benefits, including pain relief, anxiety relief, and depression relief, among others.
THC-o is a synthesized cannabinoid, which means that it is not naturally found in cannabis plants. Instead, it has to be artificially created through chemical synthesis. This process involves breaking down the chemical compounds found in cannabis and then recombining them in a way that results in THC-o.
The potency of this compound is what sets it apart, as it is said to be three times more psychoactive than delta-9. This increased potency is due to the structure of the compound and the way it interacts with the brain.
Despite being a synthesized compound, THC-o is still psychoactive and has the same effects as other THC compounds. However, because it is odorless and flavorless, it is often used as the base ingredient in vape oils, edibles, and other products. This allows manufacturers to produce products that are highly potent, while still being easy to use and consume.
One method to create THC-O is an intricate and hazardous procedure that involves:
- Extracting CBD from raw hemp
- Extracting delta 8-THC from the CBD
- Adding acetic anhydride, an extremely volatile chemical, to delta 8-THC to make THC-O acetate
The other procedure is to extract it from hemp plants through a process known as CO2 extraction which uses pressurized carbon dioxide to isolate compounds from raw plant material. The extracted compound is then refined to be used in various products.
Overall, THC-o is an important compound in the cannabis industry and is becoming increasingly popular as a way to enhance the potency of cannabis products.
Benefits of THC-o
- Health benefits: THC-o is believed to have several health benefits, including pain relief, anxiety relief, and depression relief, among others.
- Psychoactive effects: THC-o is the main psychoactive ingredient found in cannabis, and is responsible for the “high” associated with cannabis use. This makes it a popular choice among those who are seeking the psychoactive effects of cannabis.
- Widely available: THC-o is widely available and can be easily found in most areas.
Potential Drawbacks of THC-o
- Psychoactive effects: The psychoactive effects of THC-o can be a drawback for those who are seeking the health benefits of cannabis without the associated “high”.
- Legal restrictions: THC-o is still illegal in some areas, which can make it difficult to obtain.
- Negative side effects: THC-o can cause negative side effects, including anxiety, paranoia, and impaired motor functions.
Go forth with your new knowledge.
Now, to review what we have covered; Hemp-derived HHC and THC-o are two of the newer forms of synthetic cannabinoids being used today. Both compounds have their own benefits and drawbacks, but they both seem to be helpful in providing relief from certain medical conditions in early anecdotal studies.
While HHC is thought to offer several health benefits without many negative side effects, THC-o is mainly sought out for its stronger psychoactive properties. Both compounds are better mixed with other cannabinoids.
So, what about HHC vs THC-o? Understanding the differences between these two compounds will help individuals make informed decisions about which one may be best for them.
At EH Delta, we understand the importance of finding the right cannabinoid blend for your specific needs. That's why we offer signature blends featuring HHC and THC-o that are expertly blended to help you during certain times of the day and blends for certain types of individuals.
Whether you're looking for an active blend to help improve performance during physical activity or a more relaxing blend to ease stress, we've got you covered! Visit our website today and explore our selectionof cannabinoid-based products. We look forward to helping you find the perfect blend!
*These statements have not been evaluated or approved by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any illness. Any medical advice should be taken from a medical professional.
All of the articles on this site are written by 3rd party content providers, expert bloggers, or doctors not directly affiliated with EHDelta.
Individuals should learn the risks and side effects prior to taking any Delta products. Make sure to always check with a medical professional before starting any new Delta treatment or medication that is not FDA-approved.